Injection moulder 12 ml: IM 12
The Xplore micro injection moulder IM 12 with a shot volume of 12 ml can easily sit on your laboratory bench or in a hood. Our IM 12 fits seamlessly with our twin-screw compounders to streamline your R&D screening. They can also work as stand-alone units to mould formulations that do not require mixing.
The micro injection moulder allows you to test and evaluate new or expensive materials and formulations in a reliable, reproducible, fast and cost-effective way with very small amounts of test material.
- Compact and ultra rugged design. It fits easily on your laboratory bench or in a fume cupboard.
- Flash free. Moulds are tightly fitted in the housing to prevent opening during injection and material flashing.
- Shrinkage free. Holding pressure and time are precisely controlled to avoid shrinkage in the moulded test sample.
- Easy filling. The injection unit can be easily filled with compounded material directly from one of our micro-compounders or manually with powder or granules.
- Standard and custom shapes. Certified dog bone shaped tensile bars, Izod bars and others can be produced standard. Customized shapes can also be provided on request.
- Consistent shapes. These lab scale injection moulding machines combine an excellent temperature-controlled mould housing for a conical shaped mould with a controlled heated injection nozzle unit that can be easily removed for filling.
- Maximum operating temperature 450 C.
- Maximum mould temperature 300 C.
- High injection forces (18 kN), enabling moulding of very thin and long shapes.
Clear ml markings on the piston, makes it easy to determine the amount of material left in the transfer unit.
- A GMP compliant IM 5.5 is available for pharmaceutical, biomedical and nutritional applications.