Injection moulder 12 ml: IM 12
The Xplore micro injection moulder IM 12 with a shot volume of 12 ml can easily sit on your laboratory bench or in a hood. Our IM 12 fits seamlessly with our twin-screw compounders to streamline your R&D screening. They can also work as stand-alone units to mould formulations that do not require mixing.
The micro injection moulder allows you to test and evaluate new or expensive materials and formulations in a reliable, reproducible, fast and cost-effective way with very small amounts of test material.
- Compact. It fits easily on your laboratory bench or in a fume cupboard.
- Flash free. Moulds are tightly fitted in the housing to prevent opening during injection and material flashing.
- Shrinkage free. Holding pressure and time are precisely controlled to avoid shrinkage in the moulded test sample.
- Easy filling. The injection unit can be easily filled with compounded material directly from one of our micro-compounders or manually with powder or granules.
- Standard and custom shapes. Certified dog bone shaped tensile bars, Izod bars and others can be produced standard. Customized shapes can also be provided on request.
- Consistent shapes. These lab scale injection moulding machines combine an excellent temperature-controlled mould housing for a conical shaped mould with a controlled heated injection nozzle unit that can be easily removed for filling.
- High injection forces (18 kN), enabling moulding of very thin and long shapes.
- A GMP compliant IM 5.5 is available for pharmaceutical, biomedical and nutritional applications.