Micro fiber line: FL
The Xplore micro fiber line (FL) can produce mono or multi filaments filaments from just a few grams of material in just 10 - 15 min, thus stretching the number of screenings and shrinking your development time. Our micro fiber spin line is fully compatible with our high precision micro compounders and extruders. Cutting edge laboratories use the FL to make maximum use of (costly) synthesized materials and (costly) additives and to save development time.
Recently we developed a multi filament die (MFD) can be mounted onto our Xplore MC 15 compounder to have a vertical spinning die outlet, which enhances the spinning process. The MFD consist of twelve die openings to enable for multiple filament spinning applications.
- Smaller samples, faster sample generation. Only a fraction of material is used compared to conventional fiber development.
- Continuous feeder kit. No need for an additional spinning pump, as our micro compounder is featured with throughput control to secure uniform fiber diameter.
- High speed winding unit (up to 200 m/min) and low speed stretching unit. This innovative design allows the equipment to fit on a laboratory bench.
- Variable settings. Speed, overlap pitch, heating modes and other settings can be adjusted to produce diverse types of fibers.
- Fiber can be heated via radiation in the "hot shoe" or via conduction with optional "hot pin"
- Selection of fiber dies.
- Optional multi filament die; must be connected with our Xplore MC 15 compounder.
- Optional quench box and avivage unit.
- Optional continuous forced feeding kit; which consists of a volumetric feeder, water cooled tophopper and elongated forced feeding screws.
Note: One of the two units of the FL can be acquired seperately