Xplore's high quality, co and/or counter rotating twin screw micro compounders are fully fledged material processing instruments that fit on a laboratory bench or in a fume cupboard.
The core of the compounders is a vertically positioned, liquid-tight barrel with two easily detachable, conical mixing screws. Both screws and housing are specially engineered to minimize wear and to resist chemicals in a wide temperature range. The robust design ensures the generation of reproducible and stable data for years. The vertical position of the liquid-tight barrel allows the processing of low viscous fluids down to ca. 10 Pa.s.
The smaller compounder, MC 5, has the smallest sample capacity in the world, 2 ml* or 5 ml. Our proprietary Vari-Batch™ feature allows you select a batch volume between 2 and 5 ml, potentially cutting your sample costs by half. The larger compounder, MC 15, can handle larger samples and has an even stronger motor and a maximum screw torque of 12 Nm per screw. In the MC 15 the Vari-Batch™ technology allows you to choose mixing volumes of 3, 7 or 15 ml.
- High quality results: well mixed relevant rheological data.
- Reliable and reproducible. Two times three separate heating zones offer perfect control of the process temperature. An abrasion and chemical resistant barrel, that closes fluid tight, guarantees reproducible processing and rheological data, stable and comparable over many years.
- Fast. Excellent mixing reduces the processing time and easy to clean minimizes turn around time between batches.
- Flexible. Sample volumes range from 2 ml* to 15 ml to enable earlier testing and reduce screening costs. Quick exchange of samples and screws to run different experiments in a short turn around time frame. Recirculation channel length, process time, mixing and dispersion parameters for different formulations and tests can be choosen at will..
* Proprietary Xplore technology, IP protected